EDF1 – Electronic Distress Flare
- Advanced LED technology – Safe operation
- Superb 360 degree visibility in the Azimuth
- Up to 6 hours battery use
- 10 year battery shelf life
- Four modes of operation plus SOS signaling
- Range up to 7 miles
- Battery test function
- Compact, rugged design
- Excellent visibility for aircraft and helicopter SAR
- Constant brightness maintained throughout the life of the battery
- Easy change replaceable battery
- Waterproof to 10 meters
- ** Lightweight and ultra compact – Great for Pilots and ditch bags**
The EDF1 electronic distress flare offers users a safe and long-lasting solution to visual signalling in an emergency.
The unique lens design combined with the use of advanced LEDs and highly efficient circuit technology ensures a constant level of light output throughout the life of the user replaceable battery.
The light output is a beam of over 30° throughout the full 360° azimuth, providing in excess of 6 times more light coverage than other electronic flares*. Light is also distributed throughout the hemisphere above the unit to ensure visibility from the air.
Unlike single use pyrotechnic flares the EDF1 can be used repeatedly in any of its four modes, ensuring continued visibility is maintained over a longer period. The unit is both safe to store and operate while also eliminating any worries associated with disposal. The compact size and rugged design means the EDF1 is the perfect safety product for a grab bag, life raft or hiker’s backpack.